COVID-19 Precautions for Moving
Learn about the precautions we take to keep you and our team safe. Every move is a safe move with Phillips Moving and Storage.
Get Your Free Quote Now
"*" indicates required fields
Jump to section
At Phillips Moving and Storage, we take COVID-19 seriously. We understand the very real risks associated with the coronavirus and the considerations that need to be taken in order to keep our clients and our team as safe as possible. In these uncertain times, it’s more important than ever to think carefully about how we interact, what we touch, and how we clean the surfaces with which we come in contact. That’s why, as a Toronto moving company operating during COVID-19 times, we are taking extra measures to ensure the safety and cleanliness of our protocols.
Moving to keep you safe
Some of the key things we’re doing to provide a safe moving experience for our clients include:
- Ensuring that everyone involved in the moving process is healthy and has not been experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Avoiding handshakes with clients and with each other
- Practicing social distancing when possible.
- Disinfecting moving equipment and items to be moved.
- Limiting restroom use by moving crews to one restroom.
- Wearing face coverings during the moving process as well as while interacting with clients and each other.
- Practicing frequent hand-washing.
- Wearing disposable gloves and using hand sanitizer.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting before, during, and after the move
- Doing a virtual moving estimate rather than an in-home assessment, when possible.
Ensuring safety for our moving team
While we take reasonable measures to protect against the spread of COVID-19 while moving, we also ask that you take precautions to keep our moving crews safe:
- If you notice that you are having any symptoms associated with COVID-19, please let us know immediately so that we can work with you to determine the best course of action.
- If doing your own packing, complete your packing at least 24 hours before our crew is due to come to your home. Better yet, let us handle it and reduce the amount of packing equipment you need to come in contact with.
- Wear face coverings at all times during the relocation process and while movers are in your home.
- Have hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available, and use them frequently to clean surfaces and your hands.
- Maintain a distance from the movers, when possible.
- Don’t use moving boxes that have already been used by others. Coronavirus can linger on cardboard surfaces.
If you have any questions about our process and how we work to keep you safe while moving in Toronto and beyond, please give us a call at 416-661-2797. And for a free moving quote, just fill out the form at the top of this page!
JOIN THE PHILLIPS FAMILY
You can, by signing up for our monthly newsletter!